Fido7 usenet hierarchy
This document is also available in Russian version.
Fido7 is a usenet hierarchy carrying gatewayed Russian-language
Fidonet is a world-wide amateur
computer network. If you wish to join Fidonet, look
here. If you wish to participate
in discussions with Fidonet folks without joining Fidonet,
then information on this server is for you.
- What is fido7 and why it is moderated
Information for readers
Please note that your postings must contain valid return address
in the From: header, otherwise they cannot be approved by the
automoderator, and you even cannot be notified about the failure.
Read the General information section for more detailes about
the automoderator functions. We are sorry but we do not accept
registrations from hotmail.com, usa.net and likes.
- How to read/post to fido7 newsgroups.
- Using passwords in postings
- User's personal information
- Guidelines for postings (Russian only)
- List of available newsgroups (Russian only, size > 650 Kb)
- What is overquoting and offtopic (humor) (Russian only)
There are publicly accessible NNTP servers
but if possible please try to use the server of your ISP.
Be warned that public servers only allow connections from IP addresses
with properly configured reverse DNS zone.
Information for news administrators
Control articles in the fido7 hierarchy are signed with pgpcontrol
- What is pgpcontrol and where to get it
- Pgpcontrol information for fido7 hierarchy
- Newsgroups file for fido7 hierarchy
- Line for the moderators file: "fido7.*:%email@example.com"
- checkgroups control article is issued automatically on 15th
of each month. newgroup and rmgroup articles are
issued irregularily, as groups are created/removed.
- Gatewaying policy (can we gateway the echo
if the moderator forbids gatewaying?) (Russian only).
- Top 10 fido7 newsgroups by traffic
- Gateway user summary
- Server Statistics
History of fido7
Fido7 started as a private Fidonet-usenet gateway run by
Eugene Crosser, that time
2:5020/23.14@fidonet, in winter 1991/92. On April 9, 1992 the gateway was
made available for general public. Fido7 newsgroups were unmoderated
at that time.
- Old (NOT relevant nowdays) document about fido7
SSL site certificate issued by
Average Certificate Authority.
About Cyrillic on this server